A career in the arts is a fulfilling, challenging and exciting one, whether your passion is for marketing, education, or curation.
We are a small team, and paid roles within the organisation (either full-time or freelance) are limited. However, this page will be immediately updated whenever a paid opportunity arises. Please also refer to this page for the latest volunteer opportunities. Please note that we do not accept unsolicited exhibition proposals from artists.
We are currently recruiting for the below roles:
We recruit volunteers on a three-month basis. Please visit our Volunteering page for further information.
Gallery Assistant Apprentice:
The apprentice’s work will be focused on front of house delivery, working on the front desk to provide a warm welcome to our visitors. However, their responsibilities will ensure that the apprentice develops a full understanding of the workings of the gallery, and will include: data-capture/audience research, shop sales/visual merchandising, marketing, fundraising, support of participation and exhibition events and basic administration.
At the end of the apprenticeship the appointed candidate will have a broad skill set transferable throughout the creative, charity or business sectors.
Duties will include:
- To be the first point of contact for people visiting the Gallery, directing and assisting in a professional and courteous manner.
- To assist with collecting data from our visitors through audience surveys and updating of databases via Excel.
- To research the work of artists and craftspeople suitable for the shop, source suitable products and cards, make orders, enter stock on database, price stock, visual merchandise, undertake sales and stock-takes.
- Contribute to ICT and social media activities on behalf of Aspex editing and updating the website, providing listings information etc.
- To help devise and deliver education workshops.
- To help install exhibitions, and deliver artist talks and other exhibition events.
- To support the team with fundraising, including talking about the organisation and its work to visitors and helping at special events.
- To oversee the volunteer programme and work closely with the team.
- Act as a member of the Aspex staff team.
- Undertake other duties as requested.
- As a member of the Aspex team, play an active role in organisation-wide activities, including attending and supporting events.
Vicky Chapter, our Participation and Learning Manager will act as the apprentice’s line manager and be their principal point of contact, but the appointed person will work closely with the whole team, particularly the Communications & Marketing Manager and Curator.
Click here to find out more -- and for details of how to apply!