A career in the arts is a fulfilling, challenging and exciting one, whether your passion is for marketing, education, or curation. We are a small team, and paid roles within the organisation (either full-time or freelance) are limited. However, this page will be immediately updated whenever a paid opportunity arises. Please also refer to this page for the latest volunteer opportunities. Please note that we do not accept unsolicited exhibition proposals from artists.
We are currently recruiting for the below roles:
Front of House volunteers
We are seeking Front of House volunteers!
Reporting Line: Vicky Chapter, Participation & Learning Manager
Our Front of House volunteers are the first people our visitors meet when coming to the gallery. They are vital to our organisation as they provide a welcoming and friendly greeting to everyone visiting the gallery. They are also there to provide more information about an exhibition, to answer any enquiries or take bookings for our workshops.
Whilst based at the Front Desk, we will ask you to perform a number of tasks:
- General Front of House duties
- Meet & Greet, providing a warm and informative welcome to our visitors
- Engaging visitors in the exhibitions through conversations
- Collection of audience data Answering telephone and email enquiries
- Ensuring forms are printed and photocopied for the front desk and completed as required
- Taking bookings for events and workshops Crafts
- Merchandising the crafts/retails space
- Processing sales
- Researching into possible makers/designers for the crafts exhibition programme
The staff team at Aspex may also ask volunteers to assist with administration tasks in relation to other departments, eg. Marketing or Participation.
TIME AND PLACE: Length of commitment: 3 hours per week on a regular day/time slot for 3 months.
Deadline for application: Friday 10 June